October 28, 2020 | 8:34 PM IST
Sushant suicide case

Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case: Maharashtra’s Home Minister denies CBI probe

It’s been over a month since actor Sushant Singh Rajput committed suicide at his Bandra residence, yet his fans and colleagues are unable to come to terms with his untimely demise. They have been demanding a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe to look into aspects that instigated the actor into taking the extreme step. 

On Thursday, Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty requested Home Minister Amit Shah on social media to initiate a CBI inquiry to understand the pressures Rajput was undergoing. BJP MP Subramanian Swami and Jan Adhikari Party’s Pappu Yadav too have been demanded a high-level probe into the matter. 

However, Maharashtra’s Home Minister Anil Deshmukh on Friday said that there was no need for a CBI probe as the Mumbai police is able to handle the investigation. Deshmukh said, “I have seen the tweets and the campaign. But I don’t think that a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police is competent enough to handle such cases, and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed.”

So far, the Mumbai police have recorded statements of over 30 people including Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Dil Bechara actor Sanjana Sanghi, and Yash Raj Films casting director Shanoo Sharma and Rajput’s psychiatrist.  

Editor In Chief

Editor In Chief is an publisher and journalist. He is regular columnist of the website NewsInInd. He is experienced in national and political issues with more than 500 blogs.