Relive the 90s era with these throwback memories
Actor Sara Ali Khan recently shared a couple of throwback videos and pictures of her weighty self at her graduation ceremony and with mom Amrita Singh. Actor Deepika Padukone also shared a throwback picture of hubby Ranveer Singh relishing an ‘icegola’ on his 34th birthday.
We all have our throwback moments from smoking Harnik’s Phantom Sweet Cigarettes to pushing and begging friends to write something ‘interesting’ in slam books as the internet and smartphones were not easily accessible in those days. Let us take a look back at some of the things that can hit nostalgic moments really hard.
1. Gold spot: The ad called the carbonated soft drink ‘the zing thing’ and so did everyone. The lovers of this sweet, sharp and fizzy beverage can recall themselves standing in front of the mirror with their mouths wide open and tongue sticking out, both stained with orange colour.
2. Dhara: Who else remembers that mouth-watering ‘Jalebiiiiiiiiiiiiiii’ ad? The boy stole everyone’s heart and had us all humming the jingle – ‘Dhara, Dhara Shudh Dhara....’ every time Jelabis’ were brought home.
3. Super Mario Bros: Ahhh, this was the lifeblood of 90’s kid. They use to stick to their television sets for hours playing the game turn-by-turn to rescue the princess Peach. Even though a lot of video games surfaced since then, Super Mario still secures a top place in the 90’s kids’ heart.
4. Candies – Kismi, Mango Bite, Magic Pop, Poppins, Pan Pasand, Swad, Babool, Boomer, Lacto King, Orange candies holds the fondest place in our childhood memories.
5. Telly shows: This was an era when Indian television was on a boom. Shaktiman better referred to as the desi superman and Javed Jaffery’s Boogie-Woogie hooked all 90’s kids every Sunday afternoons. Mowgli holds a special place with its title track, ‘Jungle Jungle baat chali hai’. And, who else loved that ‘turuuuuuu turrrrruuuuuuu, areey chaddi pehenke phool khila hai’ sound?