NTA’s NEET to be held tomorrow; NTA chalks guidelines
The National Testing Agency’s National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)-UG will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm on Sunday except Odisha. The examination has been postponed in Odisha on the request of State Govt working on relief and rehabilitation work in the wake of Cyclone Fani. Fresh dates will be announced soon, said a report.
NEET is the gateway for students seeking admission to MBBS/ /BDS modules across the country. The agency has issued guidelines to ensure fairness in the examination. The agency has also issued a dress-code and other dos and don’ts to be followed by the aspirants.
The candidates must report at the centre by 12 noon and the gates will close by 1.30 PM. The examination will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
Important things to take along
• Admit card must be downloaded from the NTA website preferably on A4 size paper.
• The affixes passport size photograph must be same as uploaded on the online application form.
• One passport size photograph (same as uploaded on the online application form) must be pasted on the attendance sheet at the Centre.
• ID Cards issued by schools/ colleges/ universities/ coaching centres, AADHAR enrolment receipt without Aadhar Number and photocopies or images stored in mobile phones etc, will not be accepted.
• PwD certificate must have been issued by the competent authority, if claiming the relaxation under PwD category.
• Candidates with physical disability must report early for facilitation during entry.
What not to take along
• Candidates would not be allowed to enter the Examination Centre, without identity verification.
• Also, any instrument, geometry, pencil box, handbag, purse, any kind of stationery, textual material, eatables and water, gadgets like mobile phones, calculator, log tables, camera would not be allowed in the examination hall.
• Diabetic students will be allowed to carry eatables like sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/ orange) and transparent water bottle to the Examination Hall/Room. However, they will not be allowed to carry packed foods like chocolates/ candy/sandwich etc.
• Ornaments like ring, earrings, nose-pin, chain/necklace, pendants, badge, and brooch etc. will not be allowed
• Unless the weather demands, candidates must wear light colour clothes (preferably half sleeves).
• Slippers, sandals with low heel will be allowed but not shoes.
• If candidates wish to give the examination in cultural or customary dress, they must report before 12.00 noon.
The result will be declared on June 5, 2019, as per the official brochure.