US President Donald Trump has decided to withdraw the Iran Nuclear Deal by May 12 from the year 2015. However, it is not yet clear that how he will do so, said the two White House officials and a source close to the administration on Monday.
Further added, there is a chance Trump might decide to keep the US in the International agreement under which Iran approved to curb its nuclear program in return for sanctions relief, in part due to “alliance maintenance” with France and to save face for French President Emmanuel Macron, who met Trump last week and advised him to stay in.
A presentation by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday about what he said was documentary evidence of Tehran’s past nuclear arms program could give Trump a fresh argument to withdraw, even though U.N. inspectors say Iran has complied with the terms of the deal.
Iran has left without ever seeking nuclear weapons and accuses its arch-foe Israel of inspiring world suspicions against it.
The agreement between Iran and six major powers countries – Britain, China, Germany, France, Russia and the United States – was among previous U.S. President Barack Obama’s signature overseas policies but has been described by Trump as “one of the worst deals I have ever witnessed.”